Why don’t I hear a sound for incoming chats/messages?
|Introduction: This article is intended to help customers enable the audible notifications in Microsoft Internet Explorer.
- Open Your Control Panel: The easiest way to open the Control Panel is to click on “Start” and then click on “Control Panel.”
- Open the Internet Options: Use the search box to find the “Internet Options” section of the Control Panel.
- Select the “Advanced” Tab: The Advanced Tab is usually on the far-right side of the Internet Options screen.
- Scroll Down to Multimedia: Scroll through the options until you see the section called “Multimedia.”
- Deselect the Play Sounds Option: Click to uncheck the option called “Play Sounds in Webpages.” This will turn off all sounds in your internet browsers.
- Turn Sounds On Again When You’re Ready: If you would like to resume listening to sounds on your internet browser, be sure to follow these steps again and check the “Play Sounds in Webpages” option once again.