Run through these three steps to start using LiveEngage and connect with your customers via chat and messaging.
1. Connect your website to LiveEngage
In order to connect your website to your LiveEngage account, you need to embed the LiveEngage Tag in your website’s pages. The LiveEngage Tag consists of a small, lightweight piece of code that enables you to embed innovative LivePerson products and applications.
- Log into LiveEngage with your Administrator credentials.
- On the top right-hand corner of the screen, click your user ID to display the drop-down menu.
- Click the LiveEngage Tag menu option.
- Follow the instructions on the page to copy and paste the tag into the element of each of the website pages where you want to engage with consumers.Learn more about the LiveEngage Tag and LiveEngage system requirements and supported languages.
2. Create skills
Your agents are trained to help visitors according to your business needs. An agent’s area of expertise is referred to as a skill. For example, you can create the skill, Sales, for agents who are sales representatives. When visitors click an engagement assigned to Sales, they will be routed to the first available Sales agent.
- On the Users page, click the Skills tab to view the skills list.
- Click Add skill on the bottom of the page.
- Name the new skill and type in a description.
- Set the maximum wait time (in seconds) that you allow your visitors to wait for agents with this skill. This ensures that your agents are fully occupied, yet not overextended, and that visitors won’t wait longer than the maximum wait time.
- Click Save.
3. Add users
Your LiveEngage account comes with a default out-of-the-box Admin user. As an Administrator, you can add and manage the users in your account. Users in LiveEngage can have different permission sets, according to their roles in your organization.
- On the Users page, click the Users tab to view the list of existing users.
- On the Users list, click Add user at the bottom of the page.
- Type in the user’s details.
– The login name can be entered in English, numbers or special characters only. Once entered, the login name cannot be changed.
– The name as it appears in LiveEngage.
– The nickname is the name that will be displayed to visitors in the chat.
– Set a password with a minimum of eight (8) characters.
- Click Save.
Now you’re ready to get on board with